Saturday 21 May 2016

About Me

Now I've welcomed you to my blog and you have a bit of an idea of what it's about, I'll tell you a bit about myself and give you a bit of background information that will hopefully put a lot of what I write about into context. I'm nineteen years old and am currently living at home with my family, though I'm planning on going to university to study English in September.

At the moment, I'm pretty much in limbo. I started university in September 2015, but absolutely hated the university I was at. A short while later, I decided to leave and start again at a new university a bit closer to home. I've written about the experience in a lot more detail on my other blog, which I started around the time I left university so that I would have something to focus on as I adjusted back to being at home (and the fact that I now, for the first time in my life, had nothing to do). I'll link the post to this one as I really don't want to write about the experience much more. I was the left with an abundance of time that I had to fill. Naturally, the first thing I turned my attention to was applying for jobs. However, job hunting only leaves you occupied for a somewhat small period, especially when there are only a few jobs available, which meant that I still had a lot of time to fill. I've been planning to get healthy for a long time, but something has always acted as a barrier, or my motivation crumbled almost immediately after beginning. However, this time I had all the time in the world to dedicate now, and little to distract me or tear my motivation down, so I decided that this time period would be the best time to make a start. December was looming, and since the festive season is one of great indulgence I allowed myself to let go, to eat in a completely unrestricted fashion, as I would only ever do it again very rarely. 

 As December melted into January I began, though my start was very shaky. I might have been eating slightly better, but I still had a few too many treats. However, by mid January I managed to put a stop to that and sorted out my diet a bit more. I've pretty much kept it up, though I'd be lying if I said I was completely healthy all the time. It's been incredibly difficult, and I've almost fallen off multiple times, but I'm determined not to give up. I don't think I've ever kept up any lifestyle change as long as I have this one, so I'm certainly proud of that. I don't push myself  very hard and I make sure I still enjoy my food, and less healthy foods are not forbidden either. I feel like these were major mistakes I made in the past and contributed greatly to me not being able to sustain my diet effectively. I hope to get even healthier, but I think it's important to take small steps and make small changes that are easy to take on board and incorporate into your daily life.

I've been unlucky on the job front (I don't know if the job market is tough or if I'm doing something wrong), but it ended up causing me a lot of stress, so I've decided the focus on other things as the high levels of stress were not doing pleasant things to my body! This blog is one of the biggest things I want to focus on (as well as my health), as I feel it will help me with the stress and give me something else to think about (other than what an awful mess this year has been). I'm really looking forward to getting it started.

My University Experience: http://deeperthanthestars.blogspot.co.uk/2015/11/the-mess-that-was-my-month-at-university.html

No comments:

Post a Comment