Wednesday 8 June 2016

Recipe: Popcorn Chicken

I'm going to start off my recipe posts with an excellent Friday night treat: popcorn chicken. I've made it before one time but and it tasted absolutely delicious, so I knew I had to make it again. It's really easy and is perfect for anyone who is beginning to learn to cook.



Ingredients:
600g of  boneless chicken
6 medium slices of wholemeal bread
2 eggs
Paprika (as much as you like)
Salt (as much as you like)
Pepper (as much as you like)
Chilli powder (optional and, again, as much as you like)
Olive Oil

Method:
Preheat the oven to 190 degrees Celsius.

Cut the chicken roughly into small chunks

Place the wholemeal bread in the oven on the highest setting until it is very crisp. Leave to cool.

Blitz bread in a processor until it forms bread crumbs.

Add the paprika, salt, pepper and chilli powder to the bread crumbs and mix together. I don't measure these, instead adding as much as I enjoy. You can taste the bread crumbs if you are unsure.

Crack the beat egg in a bowl (crack the second egg later once you've used up most of first s it may not be needed and you don't want to waste an egg).

Coat each piece of chicken first in egg, then in the breadcrumbs. Place each piece of breaded chicken on an oven tray, and drizzle liberally with olive oil.

Cook the chicken in the oven for 20 minutes.

I'd made some chips to accompany the chicken, and I'm adding some instructions to make them at the bottom of this recipe as they're very simple. You can choose any accompaniment(s) that you want really, but I quite enjoy these.



Ingredients:
6 potatoes
Olive oil, paprika, salt, pepper and chilli powder to taste.

Method:
Pre heat oven to 190 degrees Celsius

Wash and peel the potatoes. Slice them into long strips and place on an oven tray.

Drizzle liberally with olive oil and add as much paprika, salt, pepper and chilli powder as you like.

Cook in the oven for 25-30 minutes.






No comments:

Post a Comment